Henderson Hall "The Week Ahead"
The Week Ahead
Updated June 16.
Friday, June 16
- Now through June 25: buy more save more…up to 50% off when you purchase three Pandora items at the Marine Corps Exchange Henderson Hall. 703-979-8420.
- Golf With Us meets at The Gauntlet Golf Club in Fredericksburg, Virginia, with a tee time of 8:30 AM. 703-697-2706.
- Expecting? Learn the latest on bringing your new baby home at “Baby Boot Camp,” 8:30 AM – 2:30 PM, in Bldg. 12. Participants receive a coupon for lunch at the Java Café, courtesy of our sponsor, Navy Mutual Aid Association. 703-614-7204.
- The EFMP Speaker Series continues 11 AM – 1 PM at the Pentagon Library/Conference Center Rm. B8. The topic is Special Education Advocacy. 703-693-5353.
- Stop by the Henderson Hall MCX to meet with a Tag Heuer product expert noon to 3 PM. Tag Heuer is 20% off June 7 – 18.
- The SMP goes to Virginia Beach for a two-night oceanfront stay. Transportation leaves at noon from the barracks. 703-695-1591.
Saturday, June 17
- Taste a variety of wines noon – 3 PM in the Emporium of the MCX. On the tasting table are Dezzani, El Don, and Gigi Rosso wines. Just added: blended reds from PaXis, Colossal Reserva, Confidencial Reserva, Fuerza, and Goru Verde. 703-979-8420.
Sunday, June 18
- The MCX “Dad’s Big Day” sales continues through today. See the sales circular in store and online at www.mccsHH.com/MCXSalesEvents.html.
Monday, June 19
- Two follow-on tracks to the Transition Readiness Seminar begin today: Accessing Higher Education and Career/Technical Training. To register online or for more information, visit www.mccsHH.com/CRMCClasses.html or call 703-614-6828.
Tuesday, June 20
- “Gear Up” at the MCX firearms department with mail-in rebates and sale prices from Smith & Wesson, M&P by Smith & Wesson, and Sig Sauer. Sale ends June 20. www.mccsHH.com/MCXSalesEvents.html.
Wednesday, June 21
- The Education Center gives the ACT 8 AM – noon. Registration is required: 703-614-9104. For more test information, visit www.mccsHH.com/educationtests.html.
- An anger management group meets 9:30 – 11:30 AM in Bldg. 12’s conference room. Call 703-614-7204 for details.
- Women’s empowerment group meets 10 – 11:30 AM. Call 703-614-7204 for location and to register.
- Men’s STOP domestic violence intervention group meets 1 – 3 PM in Bldg. 12’s conference room. 703-614-7204.
- The Career Resource Management Center offers “Cracking the Code to the Federal Hiring Process” 1 – 3 PM in Bldg. 21. Register: www.mccsHH.com/CRMCClasses.html.
- The SMP holds “Dinner & a Movie” at the HH Rec Center starting at 5:30 PM. Single Marines are welcome to attend this free barbecue and movie. 703-695-1591.
Thursday, June 22
- Capstone Review is offered by appointment Thursdays, 9 AM – 3 PM. Call 703-614-6828 to schedule.
- The Career Resource Management Center offers “Career Exploration: Finding Your Focus” 9:30 – 11 AM in Bldg. 21. Register: www.mccsHH.com/CRMCClasses.html.
- Outdoor Play Morning for parents and caregivers with children up to age 5 meets 10 – 11:30 AM at Virginia Highlands Park. Register: 703-696-3512 or TTY 703-696-4675.
- The EFMP holds a workshop on preparing students with special needs for college 11 AM – 1 PM in the Pentagon Library Conference Center Rm .B5. Register by June 19 by calling 703-693-7195.
- The annual Urban Warrior Challenge and Joint Base Barbecue takes place outside Spates Community Center on the Fort Myer portion of Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall starting at 8 AM. The event includes competitions and a barbecue starting at 11 AM. The event concludes with an Army vs. Marine Corps tug of war. For more information, please see www.mccsHH.com/UWCJBB. Marine Corps sponsors include: Navy Mutual Aid Association, Keller Williams Bethany Miracle Real Estate, Jeep Experience Six; American Military University, Federal Resources, The Law Offices of Michael Kevin Murphy, PLLC, and Line-X. The barbecue is free to H&S Battalion, HQMC, Henderson Hall personnel. Active duty personnel may participate in the Urban Warrior Challenge; all personnel are welcome to participate in the team volleyball, dodge ball, and basketball competitions. Call 703-693-7685 for more information.
- The SMP volunteers for the Salvation Army Grate Patrol departing the Smith Gym pull-up bars at 5:15 PM. See more at www.mccsHH.com/SMPEvents.html. 703-695-1591.
Friday, June 23
- Learn how to plan for retirement at a workshop 11:30 AM – 1 PM in Bldg. 29, Rm. 204. Register by calling 703-614-6950 a day prior to the workshop.
Saturday, June 24
- The SMP volunteers at ALIVE by bagging donated food to aid local Alexandria residents in need. Register online by June 21 at www.mccsHH.com/SMPEvents.html. Transportation departs the barracks at 8 AM. 703-695-1591.
- The EFMP holds a “School’s Out” bowling bash noon to 2 PM at the Strike Zone on Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall. Register by June 16 by calling 703-693-7195.
Sunday, June 25
- No events scheduled.
Monday, June 26
- Beginning today, the Java Café will be open 7 AM – 3 PM weekdays, 9 AM – 3 PM Saturdays.
Upcoming and Ongoing...
- See MCX sales circulars in store and online at www.mccshh.com/mcxsalesevents.html.
- The United States Marine Corps challenges Marines to protect what you’ve earned and win your personal battles. Help is available through online chat or phone for anonymous, peer-to-peer counseling 24/7. Online chat is at www.DSTRESSLINE.com or call 877-476-7734. This is a service of the United States Marine Corps.
- Domestic Violence Victim Advocacy Support Line: 202-439-6038, 24 hours a day/365 days a year.
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Support Line: 571-205-1298, 24 hours a day/365 days a year.
- For ongoing tests given by Education & Career Services, please call 703-614-9104 or visit www.mccsHH.com/educationtests.html. For ongoing financial management sessions, please call 703-614-6950 or visit www.mccsHH.com.Finance.html.
- Stay up-to-date on MCCS Henderson Hall activities by liking mccsHH on Facebook and following mccsHH on Twitter. We’re now on Instagram, too! Visit our website, www.mccsHH.com. On a mobile device? You'll be automatically redirected to our mobile site.